Monday, July 12, 2010

#10

I had no idea a site such as Creative Commons existed so if I ever saw a logo I probably didn't pay attention to it.  I think a site such as this is invaluable to students.  It allows them to be creative and explore, yet become more knowledgeable regarding copyright laws.  As much as we think that everyone student has a computer I am aware of students who still do not have access to one.  Teachers who could have this available for students to use in their classrooms could close the gap with students in those situations.  I am not in the classroom anymore but we do make presentations for the students and ask a student to post new information on the web for us.  I can see using some music or images to enhance our presentations.  I will admit that I typically do not use images for fear of infringing on the copyright laws.  I am sure there are cons to using Creative commons, however, other than stripping the creativity from the student I am not sure what they would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment