Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thing # 22

I already have a Facebook page primarily because it was an effective way to keep up with my kids, nieces, and nephews.  For this assignment I did go in and add some pictures.  I like Facebook and the features it has.  I am not sure I am real comfortable with how quickly it knows who I know.  That is not within my comfort zone.  I do think it is important for educators to know more about social networking and how it works.  This is the way our students communicate ( at least in high school). Social networking is beneficial for educators because it allows for an exchange of information and knowledge between us,thus, creating more resources and perspectives to be at one's fingertips. It is a wonderful way to keep in touch with friends & family that live too far away to visit often.  Also, although I am not too comfortable with this, my children have asked for recommendations for movers &  places to hold parties. Facebook's features are easy to maneuver and are pretty self explanatory...even for me.  Originally on my 23Things contract I had said I would make a CTE page.  After speaking with my daughter she has recommended I make a Facebook page for my CTE class.  So I will change my contract to make a wikipage for the Counseling center.

No comments:

Post a Comment