Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The 3 R's and a Blog (Thing 4)

So after reading the blogs I think that blogs are somewhat of a river for our thoughts, feelings, and opinions that are channeled through words,  They then become linked to greater bodies of water (the web or followers).  Blog reading is a bit like hearing what a person is thinking, sometimes in snippets.  The writing is short but concise.  Commenting on sites allow for a flow of conversation to take place among a diverse group.  Commenting can run the gamut from approval to a totally different viewpoint.  It certainly can facilitate learning because it allows others to share their knowledge.  As I read the Extreme Biology blog, I thought to myself, "Wow! If I was a student today this is the information I could be exposed to."  I am constantly reminded how far we have come yet how far behind we can quickly become in the realm of technology.  And not just teaching through technology to our students but how to access it.  I joined Facebook just to keep up with my children, nieces, & nephews.  I was at a restaurant the other day and I saw a 4 year old with an IPad !  Certainly there are still children who are not exposed to technology in these terms but sites such as Duck with a blog will allow those students to have some exposure in an educational setting.

1 comment:

  1. I like your analogy of blogs as a river of thoughts connected in a larger body of water!

    ReplyDelete