Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thing # 7a

So I read Derek's Blog today in my reader.  It appears he attended an Internet Summit in New York City this past June.  I read through one of the power point presentation by Mary Meeker, who is with the investment bank of Morgan Stanley.  Her presentation concerned mobile devices and their impact on the internet in the future.  Her presentation compiled a lot of data but one slide in particular caught my eye.  It showed the various devices: Nintendo Wii, Ipad, Iphone, and Ipod and others and the amount of days it took to sell 1 million units.  Interesting that that it took the Ipod  360 days, Iphone took 74 , Wii took -13, and Ipad took 28!    I think the Ipod was the groundbreaker with all capabilities and by the time the others came around we were all on the bandwagon.  If I remember correctly, I believe the Nintendo Wii came out around Christmas which may account for the high volume of sales. Anyway, I though those stats were very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment