Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing #17

I had no idea what podcasting was  and was a little afraid of it.  My nephew is a techie and works in the film industry so he tries to explain all this to us every Christmas.  After listening to the podcasts I understand what they are now.  I listened to Tech Teachers, Radio Willowweb, Why? The Science show for Kids Podcast and Dansmathcast.  I preferred the latter two.  I thought the science podcast was interesting because he takes the children's questions and then answers them.  His voice is a bit animated so I thought it would keep the children engaged.  Dansmathcast had a video which I think would help students in understanding math computations & vocabulary a little better.  I don't know how I would use podcasting in the counseling center but I think it is a wonderful tool in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment